Description of Event:
The Southern Climate Impacts Planning Program (SCIPP) and various entities at OU and the National Weather Center hosted an Oklahoma Military Installations Meeting on Monday, September 10th. This interactive meeting focused on addressing weather-related concerns among Oklahoma’s military installations and identifying opportunities on how to increase resiliency to severe weather, weather extremes and climate change. Topics of this meeting included identifying routine weather events that have adverse impacts and/or are disruptive to normal operations, exploring how forecasting improvements can improve preparedness and operations, examining how climate change may affect future risks, and identifying opportunities that can help address weather-related concerns and assist in missions and operations.
The agenda can be found here.
A list of participants can be found here.
The meeting presentations and brochures are provided below:
Military Operations & Weather Risks
1. Altus Air Force Base: Presentation
2. Tinker Air Force Base: Presentation
3. Vance Air Force Base: Presentation Brochure
4. Fort Sill Army Base: Presentation
5. McAlester Army Ammunition Plant
6. Oklahoma National Guard: Presentation
Weather & Climate Programs
1. Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies (CIMMS): Presentation Brochure
2. NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory: Presentation Brochure
3. NOAA Storm Prediction Center: Brochure
4. College of Atmospheric & Geographic Sciences: Presentation Brochure
5. College of Engineering: Presentation Brochure
6. College of Architecture: Presentation Brochure
7. Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms: Presentation Brochure
8. Advanced Radar Research Center: Brochure
9. Oklahoma Climatological Survey: Presentation Mesonet Brochure OKFirst Brochure
10. South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center: Presentation Brochure
11. National Weather Center: Brochure
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Margret Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org.