“Field Photo Weekends” May 27-29 . . . Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend by taking a photo or two!
Here’s your chance to join hundreds of other CoCoRaHS observers to see what our landscapes look like in spring. If you have participated before, this is a great chance to go back to your favorite spots and see what has changed. All you have to do is:
* Take your camera or smartphone;
* Find a landscape in your community (streams, lakes, rivers, reservoirs, a forest, a crop field, a pasture, etc.);
* Take a single photo or a panorama in four different directions (N,E,S,W) from where you are standing. And then take one looking down.
There are four ways to post your photos:
* Use the “Field Photo” App on your phone, which can be downloaded from the “Apple Store” and “Google Play Store”. Enter metadata to describe the landscape and add #CoCoRaHSMay2017 as a keyword;
* Email your photos with your location to:email@example.com. When uploading your photos, please include the words #CoCoRaHSMay2017 in the notes field. Remember you don’t have to email your photos this weekend, just take them, but we do encourage you to email them soon afterward;
* Upload your photos directly to the (EOMF) Earth Observation and Modeling Facility’s photo archive website: http://www.eomf.ou.edu/photos
* Or post your photos on your phone or online to our new partners at iSeeChange.org, a climate and weather journal that collects stories about change.
Field Photo Weekend is a partnership between CoCoRaHS, the Southern Climate Impacts Planning Program (SCIPP) and the Earth Observation and Modeling Facility (EOMF) to help ground truth through photos, what is going on with our landscapes throughout the country. It’s not just drought we are looking for either, it could be flooding, fire, or whatever state the landscape is now in. There is the possibility that we may hold additional “Field Photo Weekends” during the year to show how conditions to your landscape may have changed over time. This should be fun!
In a few weeks this weekend’s photos will be posted and you’ll be able to see your photos and those taken by other volunteers. Reference the “FIELD PHOTO WEEKENDS” page to see how to view the photos.
Remember you don’t have to email your photos this weekend, just take them, but we do encourage you to email them soon afterward. That address again is: firstname.lastname@example.org. When uploading your photos please include the words #CoCoRaHSMay17 in the notes field.
Thanks in advance for participating during the Memorial Day weekend … thanks for snapping!